A moment in time visually documented for history's sake.
Eight Blind Spirits Meeting
Scotland, Canada, Japan, Ireland, France, and USA
Sunday, July 14, 2019
location: Village Idiot (7383 Melrose Ave, 90046)
It had been two years since we did a comprehensive blind tasting, so in order to make up for that we went all out. Scotland, Canada, Japan, Ireland, France, and USA were all represented with this event.
Eight spirits were presented at the same time in color coded 500ml Erlenmeyer flasks (no info was given until the reveal).
This tasting covered many regions, some were easy to find, others were more elusive. Members made their unbiased notes to find a group consensus on the favourite.
1. Irish: Egans "Vintage Grain"
2. Canadian: Caribou Crossing "Single Barrel"
3. Brandy: Chateau De Lacaze 1982 (Armagnac)
4. Rye: Catoctin Creek "Roundstone Rye"
5. Bourbon: Woodford Reserve “Sonoma-Cutrer Finish 2014”
6. Scotch: Glenmorangie "Lasanta" (older release at 46% ABV)
7. Japan: Hibiki 12 Year
8. Bourbon + Rye: High West “Limited Sighting Bourye”
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club