A moment in time visually documented for history's sake.
with Andrew Weir, Aberlour Brand Leader
Monday, September 24, 2018
location: Kimpton Everly Hotel (1800 Argyle Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028)
Southern California Whiskey Club was very excited to have an event with one of my favorite distilleries in Scotland. We were honored to have Aberlour brand leader, Andrew Weir, all the way from Ayr, Scotland (via Brooklyn) to educate us on their lovely expressions. Andrew has a vast knowledge of whisky and will take us beyond just the drinking experience – there’s a story, a history, a journey.
Aberlour is a true Speyside whisky that has been active since 1879. The whiskies are usually on the sweeter side with robust sherry cask influence, not smoky, and more fruity than spicy. The event will take place in the private backroom at the Kimpton Everly bar (near the Capitol Records building in classic Hollywood) to make this a stellar event.
Pour List :
• Aberlour 12 year Double Cask Matured
• Aberlour 12 Non-Chill Filtered
• Aberlour 16 year Double Cask Matured
• Aberlour 18 year Double Cask Matured
• Aberlour A'bunadh Batch #62
• Aberlour Casg Annamh (North American Debut)
• Aberlour SMWS 54.42, 9 year, First Fill Bourbon, 59.1% ABV, "A Washing Day in Spring"
• Aberlour Single Cask No. 18537, 16 years, 47.3% ABV (Illinois Exclusive, 162 Bottles Only)
Big thanks to Ken Baranda of Pernod Ricard to make this possible.
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club