Amrut Indian Single Malt Whisky
presented by Raj Sabharwal of Glass Revolution Imports
date: Thursday, March 25, 2021
time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm Pacific Time
location: virtual tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We will have a fun night with a new twist of 5x50ml bottles and a 1oz sample of Kadhambam for a full experience + education of Indian single malt with our good friend Raj Sabharwal. Amrut is a brand of Indian single malt whisky, manufactured by Amrut Distilleries. Amrut was the first Single Malt to be exported from India.
Amrut (अमृत) is a Sanskrit word which can be translated as "Elixir of Life". The whisky is made from select Indian malted barley grown in Punjab and Rajasthan, the northwest frontier states of India. The cold winters and fiery summers create a unique quality of grain and barrel maturation. Malting takes place at maltsters in Jaipur and Delhi according to the standards laid down by ADL. The malted barley is then transported to the south of India where it is carefully mashed and distilled in small batches. The whisky undergoes maturation in imported oak barrels for over three years in a unique tropical condition in Bangalore. This unique natural geographical location allows intense maturation by losing considerable amount of whisky as the “angel's share.” To maintain the natural character of the product, the whisky is not chill filtered. The company decided against using computers and automation in their distillery in favour of providing more jobs to people. The distillery employs 450 people. Most of the staff at the distillery involved in bottling and packaging are women. [website]
1. Amrut Classic Indian Single Malt 46% ABV
2. Amrut Cask Strength Indian Single Malt 61.8% ABV
3. Amrut Kadhambam Indian Single Malt 50% ABV
4. Amrut Fusion Indian Single Malt 50% ABV
5. Amrut Peated Indian Single Malt 46% ABV
6. Amrut Peated Cask Strength Indian Single Malt 62.8% ABV
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
841 0978 6840
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club