A moment in time visually documented for history's sake.
Ardbeg + Glenmorangie
presented by Brendan McCarron,
Head of Maturing Whisky Stocks at The Glenmorangie Company
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
7:00pm - 8:4pm
location: Bar Sopra (8512 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069)
membership fee: $46 (includes a welcome cocktail + appetizers)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• For optimized enjoyment, we do limit class size.
• Please keep in mind that late arrivals are disruptive.
• Refunds are given for cancellations when email notification is received at least 48 hours prior to start time.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
SCWC couldn't be any more honored to have Brendan McCarron presenting a line-up of fantastic whiskies at a historic location. He is slated as the successor to Dr Bill Lumsden as the Head of Maturing Whisky Stocks at The Glenmorangie Company (including Ardbeg). We will be the first club to taste Ardbeg Supernova 2019 along with the newly released Glenmorangie 19, the brand new Ardbeg 19, and other stellar expressions. This memorable event will start off with a custom Bar Sopra cocktail as well as a charcuterie and cheese assortment.
event pour list:
1. Glenmorangie Allta
2. Glenmorangie Signet
3. Glenmorangie Finest Reserve 19 Year (Travel Retail Exclusive)
4. Ardbeg Committee Drum
5. Ardbeg Traigh Bhan 19 Year
6. Ardbeg Supernova 2019 Release
+ more surprises!
more info about Brendan McCarron:
about Bar Sopra:
Lost Property owner Rhino Wiliams has created a lovely bar focused on gin cocktails. Located above Blackship, Bar Sopra is steeped in history. This building was the center of all Doors activity from 1968 to 1972 and the location that The Doors recorded the entire LA Woman album.
1. Welcome cocktail + appetizers served 7:00-7:30pm.
2. This will be a small meeting of only 22 members due to room capacity.
3. The tasting will take place outdoors, under a covered balcony.
parking + transportation:
I will do some research for the best parking solutions and post soon. We recommend taking public transportation or ride sharing to the event.
Big thanks to Travis Tidwell and Rhino Wiliams for making this event happen.
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club