presented by Simon Brooking
Teacher’s intro cocktails w/ The Minty
date: Saturday, April 10, 2021
time: 1:00pm - 2:30pm Pacific Time / 9pm Scotland
location: virtual tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Southern California Whiskey Club is pleased to have our good friend Simon Brooking join us for an early afternoon Ardmore tasting to share stories and learn about this under appreciated Highlands distillery as we taste a flight of 9 whiskies. One of the things that makes Ardmore so unique, is that their malt is one of the very few Highlanders to use peat smoke. That alone is a reason to celebrate their brand and character. We will begin with an interactive cocktail class with our own The Minty where we make a Bloody Mary to get the afternoon started.
The Ardmore distillery was built in 1898 to secure fillings for their blend, Teacher's Highland Cream (of which it remains the principal component). The distillery sits at the highest point of the Northern railway line, 600 feet above sea level, near the small village of Kennethmont. The proximity to the railway line allowed founder Adam Teacher to transport materials from Glasgow to this remote corner of Aberdeenshire, helping the distillery flourish. Almost unchanged from the moment he made his dream a reality, the water is still drawn from the naturally rising springs that sit on the 1,500 foot tall Knockandy Hill. The distillery is owned and operated by Beam Suntory, an American subsidiary of Suntory Holdings of Osaka, Japan.
1. Ardmore Legacy, 40% ABV
2. Valinch & Mallet Ardmore 8 Year, Single Koval Cask 48.8% ABV
3. Single Malts of Scotland 2009 Aird Mhor, Single Cask 707921, 10 Year, 59.5% ABV
4. Signatory 2009 Ardmore, 9 Year, Single Cask 706260, 46% ABV
5. Single Malts Of Scotland 1998 Ardmore 21 Year, Single Hogshead #750753, 50.2% ABV
6. SMWS 66.108 “Carmelized Smokiness” 11 Year, First Fill Moscatel Hogshead, 58.9% ABV
7. Firkin 2011 Ardmore 8 Year, Marsala Cask, 48.9% ABV
8. Alexander Murray 2008 Ardmore, 9 Year, 46% ABV
9. Teacher's Highland Cream Whisky, 43% ABV
Ardmore website [link]
make @ home cocktail:
sample size ≈ .75oz
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
you will need to provide the cocktail ingredients [2oz of Teacher's is provided]
815 1203 1099
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club