Ichiro’s Malt, Chichibu Distillery
presented by Yumi Yoshikawa, global brand ambassador of Chichibu Distillery
date: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm Pacific Time
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Southern California Whiskey Club is very excited to have Global Ambassador Yumi Yoshikawa from the legendary Chichibu Distillery to talk with us about the brand and the future of Japanese whisky as a category. Chichibu distillery (秩父蒸溜所) was founded in 2004 by Ichiro Akuto and is located at Chichibu, a city in Saitama Prefecture about 100km northwest of Tokyo. This distillery is generally credited with launching Japan's craft whisky movement as Akuto’s single malts have consistently won rave reviews. Join us to learn more about Ichiro's Malt and the future of this whisky category that has taken the world by surprise.
1. On The Way 2019, 11,000 bottles, 51.5% ABV
2. Cask 3912, Bourbon Barrel, 2014/2020, 202 Bottles, 62.0% ABV
3. Ichiro’s Limited Edition 2019, Malt & Grain Blended “World Whisky”, 48% ABV
4. Cask #708, Ex-Hanyu Cask, 2010/2016, 304 Bottles, 63.1% ABV
5. Mizunara Wood Reserve, Japan Release, 46% ABV
5 x .7oz samples
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
666 442 8666
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club