Paul John Distillery w/ founder Paul P. John
Hosted w/ Koray Kaan Özdemir, Brand Ambassador at Paul John Single Malt Whisky
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
7:00pm - 9:30pm
membership fee: $27 (includes 2 cocktails + light appetizers)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Refunds are given for cancellations when email notification is received at least 48 hours prior to start time.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Southern California Whiskey Club is proud to have Davide Roman visiting all the way from London, United Kingdom to educate us on their fine line of independent bottled spirits. Valinch & Mallet was conceived and created by two friends coming from different backgrounds, united by the common passion for whisky and the desire to transform it into a profession and share its fruits with everyone else.
about Valinch & Mallet:
Valinch & Mallet is a young Italian independent bottler of single cask whisky and rum that they bottle at natural cask strength and without chill-filtration. They specialize in selecting and bottling only those single casks that prove to be exceptional and truly unique. This characteristic is transferred to the bottles; each of them has a handmade metallic plaque where the information has been engraved by a blacksmith, thus creating unique works of art. They are distributed in 18 countries and looking to expand their reach worldwide. [info]
event pour list:
1. Ardmore 8 year Cask Strength 97.6 Proof
2. Deanston 18 year Cask Strength 106.4 Proof
3. Lagavulin 8 year Cask Strength 97.6 Proof
4. Royal Brackla 12 year Cask Strength 97.6 Proof
5. Tamdhu 20 year Cask Strength 106.6 Proof
+ other #SecretStash surprises
7:00pm complimentary welcome cocktail + appetizers
7:30pm tasting w/ Ariel Jahn
Davide will also be bringing a special mystery European bottling just for us for this special event. After the tasting, all are welcome to stay and have dinner to support the Village Idiot for hosting us. This will be a small meeting of only 20 members due to room capacity of the private back room.
parking + transportation:
We recommend taking public transportation or ride sharing to the event.
There is some street parking but there are many signs to read.
A big thanks to First Last for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club