Milk & Honey + Elijah Ammon Birthday Celebration
Presented by Tal Chotiner, Head of International Sales and Tomer Goren, Head Distiller
date: Saturday, February 6, 2021
time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm Pacific Time / midnight in Israel
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
education fee: $56
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Milk & Honey (חלב ודבש) is Israel's first single malt whisky distillery. While not the most likely of places to start a whisky distillery, a group of whisky enthusiasts decided to chase their dream in Tel Aviv. Construction began in June 2014 and within a year the first spirit flowed from its pot stills. Besides manufacturing, there’s also a visitor center, where visitors can learn more about the distilling process and enjoy whisky tastings.
Since its establishment, the distillery’s operations were accompanied by the late Dr. James Swan, world-renowned whisky expert. The term STR refers to the shaved, toasted, and re-charred method he formulated. Among the original Israeli dreamers is Milk & Honey Head Distiller Tomer Goren. Partly self-educated, Goren also spent time honing his craft at distilleries in Scotland, as well as at the British Institute of Brewing & Distilling. All of the distillery’s products are Kosher.
We are also celebrating Elijah Ammon’s birthday — so we went big with teamwork from Sam Filmus @ ImpEx, Joshua and Jason @ Single Cask Nation, and bottles the club has curated over time to make this a memorable tasting.
1. M&H New Make 40% ABV
2. M&H Whisky in Bloom Double Cask 46% ABV
3. M&H Whisky in Bloom Lightly Peated 46% ABV
4. M&H Classic 46% ABV
5. M&H Sherry 46% ABV
6. M&H Red Wine Cask 46% ABV
7. M&H Peated 46% ABV
8. M&H Gin 46% ABV
9. M&H ImpEx STR Single Cask 59% ABV
10. SCN M&H 2yr retail release (ex-bourbon barrel matured) 59.85% ABV
11. SCN M&H 2yr online release (ex-Jamaican rum barrel matured) 61.3% ABV
Milk & Honey Distillery website [link]:
whiskey sample size = 1/2oz
we will record this Zoom meeting for people to view at a later time if they can not attend
event information is printed on the placemat + also on the SCWC website page
Big thank you to Sam Filmus, Joshua Hatton, and Jason Johnstone-Yellin for making this happen!
815 8154 2938
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club