The Dingle Whiskey Distillery
Ireland’s original artisan distillery making world class whiskey, award-winning gin, & vodka
presented by Dave Cummins, Irish Brand Ambassador for Dingle Distillery
date: Thursday, October 7, 2021
time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm Pacific Time
location: virtual tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via USPS delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Following our American Single Malt Whiskey tasting, we are now going to the explore the category of Single Malt Irish Whiskey. This is a very special tasting that Dave Cummins has curated for Southern California Whiskey Club with cask samples and new make, straight off the still, to make this a unique experience. Dingle is one of the first of the new wave of Irish distilleries making their own whiskey, but they don’t make a lot of whiskey on the whole – just two casks a day. Since their founding in 2012, they haven’t sourced their whiskey; it’s theirs and it’s developing nicely — that’s a rarity in Ireland, and it’s to be commended.
1. Single Malt New Make, 65%
2. Single Malt Bourbon cask sample, 46.3%
3. Single Malt Pedro Ximenez cask sample, 46.3%
4. Single Malt core release, 46.3%
5. Single Pot Still Shiraz Finish, 62.5%
6. Single Malt Whiskey Batch No. 3 “The Port Baby”, 46%
about the distillery:
To achieve the flavours they want to in the whiskey, they use three distinctive, hand-crafted copper pot stills incorporating a boil ball to encourage reflux. The Dingle Whiskey Distillery is an independent family-owned business, thanks, in part, to their Founding Fathers program. They are an artisan distillery making Single Malt Irish Whiskey in a converted sawmill in Milltown on the outskirts of Dingle in a Gaeltacht (Irish-speaking region) in the southwest of Ireland. In 2017, Dingle Distillery became the first independent Irish distillery to release a single pot still whiskey in several decades. [link]
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
sample size = 1oz
Big thanks to John Endman for making this happen!
666 442 8666
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club