Glenfarclas Whisky w/ George S. Grant
6th generation of the family behind Glenfarclas Distillery
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
7:15pm - 9:00pm
location: Brandon's on La Brea (600 S. La Brea Ave, 90036)
(includes 2 cocktails + light appetizers)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Refunds are given for cancellations when email notification is received at least 48 hours prior to start time.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
On Wednesday, February 19 @ 7:15pm Southern California Whiskey Club will have none other than George S. Grant, who is the 6th generation of the family behind Glenfarclas Whisky to talk about life at the distillery. This will be a very special tasting with a couple of cocktails from Angela Ryskiewicz @ Brandon’s on La Brea and then an intimate and casual discussion with George Grant himself; he requested a low-key and personable tasting with SCWC.
I do not have a whisky lineup available because it’s difficult put pressure on George, but he said he would bring "something special” from the distillery just for Southern California Whiskey Club. He requested a more informal meet & greet style event.
As a “loyalty thank you” we are doing a simple promotion:
If you attended 3 out of these 5 meetings, you will get to join this event for free.
1. Complete Whiskey Course w/ Robin Robinson [Feb 16]
2. Paul John w/ Koray Ozdemir [Dec 18]
3. World Whiskey w/ Ethan Kelley [Dec 5]
4. Woodinville w/ Ariel Jahn [Nov 20]
5. Glenmorangie “Old vs New” w/ Travis Tidwell [Nov 30]
Just email me directly and I’ll put you on the list to attend for free.
parking + transportation:
We recommend taking public transportation or ride sharing to the event. There is some street parking (anti-gridlock ends at 7pm), but there are many signs to read.
A big thanks to Katy O’Donnell for making this happen.
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club