Glen Scotia Distillery Visit
presented by Iain McAlister, Gary Mills, + Forbes McMullin
date: Sunday, March 28, 2021
time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm Pacific Time / 10:00pm Scotland Time
location: virtual tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Last time we had a visit was in September 2019; this time we are taking advantage of Zoom and doing a Campbeltown distillery experience without leaving home. We will be joined by Iain and Gary as they give us an intimate glimpse of the distillery as we taste through an exhaustive line-up. Founded in 1832, Glen Scotia is one of the finest scotch whisky distilleries in the Campbeltown region of Scotland that still maintains much of its original design, including the fermenters, the stillroom, and the dunnage warehouse. In 2014, the distillery was bought by Loch Lomond Group who have invested heavily in the site. Campbeltown still has 3 operating distilleries: Glen Scotia, Springbank, and Glengyle.
joining from Scotland:
Iain McAlister, Glen Scotia Master Distiller
Gary Mills, Visitor Experience Manager and Brand Ambassador at Loch Lomond Group
joining from Dallas:
Forbes McMullin, Vice President Sales at Loch Lomond Group
1. Glen Scotia Double Cask, 46% ABV
2. Glen Scotia 10 Year Peated, 46% ABV
3. Glen Scotia 15 Year, 46% ABV
4. Glen Scotia 18 Year, 46% ABV
5. Glen Scotia Victoriana Cask Strength, 54.2% ABV
6. Glen Scotia Campbeltown Malts Festival 2020, 14 Year, Tawny Port Finish, 52.8% ABV
7. Cask 560, 2001, First Filled Bourbon, 57.1%
8. Cask 2017/413/6, 2005, Heavily Peated, Recharge American Oak Hogshead, 18 Months in Tawny Port, 57.8%
9. Master Distillers Edition selected by Ian McAllister, distillery manager cask number 637, 57.3% ABV
distillery website [link]
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
sample size = 3/4oz
Huge thanks to Bozzy for making this special tasting happen, we appreciate you very much. #BlameBozzy
873 9071 4194
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club