Heaven Hill Distillery
Part 1 of 3, “Intro to Heaven Hill”
w/ Jack Choate, Western U.S. Whiskey Educator at Heaven Hill Distillery
date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm Pacific Time
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We are going to have a good ‘ol Heaven Hill taste off with our friend Jack Choate for a multi-part series where we get to know the brands in the Heaven Hill Distillery portfolio over several meetings. For this first event we will explore the newly released Elijah Craig rye with 2 other established ryes and 3 classic bourbons. This is a perfect way to learn about whiskey and the nuances that define these releases and reacquaint with these standards.
1. Elijah Craig Straight Rye, 47% ABV
2. Pikesville Rye, 6 Year, 55% ABV
3. Rittenhouse Rye Bottled in Bond, 50% ABV
4. Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 2013, 43.3% ABV
5. Evan Williams Black Label, Straight Bourbon Whiskey, 43% ABV
6. Evan Williams Bottled in Bond, 50% ABV
about the brand:
Heaven Hill Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky was founded by the Shapira family in 1935 just a few years after the end of Prohibition. Unlike many distilleries of the time Heaven Hill has remained family owned for 85 years now. Its current distillery facility, called the Heaven Hill Bernheim distillery, is in Louisville, Kentucky. It is the seventh-largest alcohol supplier in the United States, the second-largest holder of bourbon whiskey inventory in the world, the largest, independent, family-owned and operated producer and marketer of distilled spirits in the United States. [link]
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
sample size = 1oz
Big thanks to Ruben Pranata and Nona Gomez for making this happen!
666 442 8666
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club