High Road Spirits
presented by Takashi Endo
featuring their portfolio of Japanese Whiskies
date: Friday, April 9, 2021
time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm Pacific Time
location: virtual tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Southern California Whiskey Club is very excited to have Takashi Endo from High Road Spirits joining us. Their extensive portfolio features many great producer partners of international, craft spirits from Japan, Mexico, France, Italy, Spain, Haiti, and other pockets of the world. They pride themselves in bringing in authentic products from small, family-owned producers. For this tasting we will focus on their Japanese whiskies with a balance of new and established single malt distilleries from different regions of Japan.
It’s no secret that the best Japanese whisky can be hard to find – even in Japan. Despite all the limited-edition bottles and the re-releases of old single malts, the good stuff is in chronically short supply. The definition of what can be called Japanese Whisky is also about to change, thanks to a new set of rules announced by the Japan Spirits & Liqueurs Makers Association (JSLMA) recently. This tasting will be a good way to experience and taste some of the best Japanese whiskies available.
1. Mars Iwai Whisky 45, Single Malt + Grain Whisky, 45% ABV
2. Ichiro's Malt & Grain, Chichibu Distillery, 46.5% ABV
3. Akashi Single Malt Whisky, Green Label, 46% ABV
4. Mars Komagatake Single Malt Whisky, Limited Edition 2020, 50% ABV
5. Kanosuke New Born Single Malt Whisky, Matured 16 Months, 57% ABV
6. The Akkeshi Single Malt Whisky, Lightly Peated, “Sarorunkamuy”, 55% ABV
High Roads Spirits website [link]
There is a lot of information here on the expressions we are tasting. Highly recommended.
sample size ≈ .75oz
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
812 9531 6751
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club