Mezcal: A night of Heavy Métl
Real Minero and Rey Campero
presented by William Scanlan, founder of Heavy Métl Premium Imports
date: Monday, December 21, 2020
time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm PT
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Rey Campero Mezcal [link]
Rey Campero represents the culture, tradition and art of Candelaria Yegolé, a small town in the Southern Highlands of Oaxaca, with a fertile ground on its slopes and canyons. It represents a people dedicated to the production of artisanal Mezcal, so one of its principles is to help producers of maguey, by creating job opportunities, but especially in finding markets for the best Mezcal. Rey Campero, means “King of the Countryside” and it was founded by the maestro mezcalero Romulo Sanchez Parada.
Real Minero Mezcal [link]
Real Minero is considered by many to be one of the world's finest Mezcal producers. The family has been making mezcal for several generations in Santa Catarina Minas, and they're known both in Mexico and abroad for creating some of the best bottles available. All of their mezcal is made in small clay pot stills, and almost all of it is rested in glass for several months before bottling, giving the mezcal a much softer character.
1. Uruapan Charanda Blanco, 46% ABV
2. Chacolo Broccha / Ixtero Amarillo, 47.4% ABV
3. Mezcalosfera Tobalá (Maestro Don Ageo), 48.38% ABV
4. Rey Campero Cuishe (Maestro Tio Ramiro) K&L Exclusive, 52.8% ABV
5. Rey Campero Jabali en Barro, 49.7% ABV
6. Real Minero Barril, 53.23% ABV
Big thank you to Elijah Ammon for making this happen!
878 5547 5116
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club