Milk & Honey Distillery
with Yehonatan "Jonny” Gonen - Wood + production management @ M&H Distillery
date: Sunday, October 10, 2021
time: 5:45pm Pacific Time
location: Casa de Naiman (in Westchester)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Please be be able to present proof of Covid-19 vaccination to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
The event will start with a Negroni cocktail prepared by the Minty using M&H Levantine Gin and we will have bagels & lox and other accoutrements at the completion of the tasting.
1. M&H Classic Single Malt 46% abv
2. M&H Elements Red Wine Cask Single Malt 46% abv
3. M&H Elements Sherry Cask Single Malt 46% abv
4. M&H Elements Peated Single Malt 46% abv
5. M&H Limited Series #1 Dad Bourbon Cask 55% abv
6. M&H Apex Series Fortified Red Wine Cask 60.4% abv
7. M&H The ImpEx Collection PX Finish 58.9% abv
about the distillery:
Milk & Honey (חלב ודבש) is Israel's first single malt whisky distillery. While not the most likely of places to start a whisky distillery, a group of whisky enthusiasts decided to chase their dream in Tel Aviv. Construction began on the distillery in June 2014 and within a year the first spirit flowed from its pot stills. Since its establishment, the distillery’s operations were accompanied by the late Dr. James Swan, world-renowned whisky expert. All of the whiskies are Kosher Single Malts distilled and matured in Israel. [link]
about Yehonatan "Jonny” Gonen:
Calling the M&H Distillery home since May 2017, Jonny operates the entire whisky making process, grain to glass. After learning hands-on the equipment inside and out he is currently managing the team on floor and it's production tasks. Studying for the distiller certificate at the IBD, Jonny takes active part in the blending process and explores the fields of wood management and product development. Along with being a forklift certified he is known as a big beer lover (almost a BJCP judge) and cycling enthusiast, juggling between 100 Km rides, group beer evaluations and whisky clubs tasting nights.
Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware due to health precautions. This is an in-person event, we require you to be vaccinated for covid19 to attend.
Big thanks to Chris Uhde for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club