Masterclass of Single Grape Varietals
presented by Franck Vigneron of Monteru French Brandy
date: Monday, June 14, 2021
time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm Pacific Time
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Southern California Whiskey Club is pleased to have our good friend Franck Vigneron join us for an educational flight of single grape brandy with Monteru French Brandy. This is a convergence of the world of wine meeting the world of whiskey in an informative tasting of single grape varietals, all aged in oak. If you are a wine connoisseur who is curious about amplified wine or a whiskey drinker who wants to learn the subtle nuances of grapes this is meant for you. We will taste 5 grape varietals, a sherry cask, and then a bourbon drinkers’ brandy for an in-depth and unique tasting.
about the brand:
The origins of Monteru date back to the late 1700’s and has remained closely tied to the tradition of brown spirits distillation and has become a leading innovator by combining authenticity and tradition to create a product somewhere between traditional brandy and single malt whisky. Maison Monteru produces small batches with intricate differences that are aged in a stone cellar on the Atlantic coast where the temperature and the humidity levels remain stable. Another significant characteristic of their process is to age the brandies in different types of oak casks: French first, imparting delicate nut flavors, then American oak which conveys subtle spice and brioche aromas. [link]
Monteru French Brandy Line-up:
1. Single Grape Brandy, Riesling, 40% ABV
2. Single Grape Brandy, Merlot, 40% ABV
3. Single Grape Brandy, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2014/2016, CS002-16, 41.3% ABV
4. Single Grape Brandy, Chardonnay, 2014/2016, Batch CH002-16, 41.3% ABV
5. Single Grape Brandy, Sauvignon Blanc, 2014/2016, Batch SB002-16, 41.3% ABV
6. Rare Cask Finish, French Oak, Finished in Sherry Oak, 2012/2016, Batch 001, 41.7% ABV
7. Double Wood Triple Toast, 2012/2016, Batch 003, 42.7% ABV
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
sample size = 1oz
666 442 86668
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club