A moment in time visually documented for history's sake.
New Riff Distillery w/ Jay Erisman
Co-Founder and V.P. of Strategic Development
Sunday, November 3, 2019
6:30pm - 8:30pm
location: Village Idiot (7383 Melrose Ave, LA, 90046)
membership fee: $29 (includes welcome cocktail)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Refunds are given for cancellations when email notification is received at least 48 hours prior to start time.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
• Please keep in mind that late arrivals are disruptive.
At New Riff Distilling they uphold the hallowed Kentucky Regimen with open fermentation, sour mashing, and distillation on grain. The stills are all copper, from their 60-foot column still to their doubler, and the whiskey is aged exclusively in 53-gallon new oak barrels that are toasted and charred, and bottled without chill filtration. The distillery was founded in 2014 by Ken Lewis and Jay Erisman in Newport, Kentucky with a range of Bourbon, Rye, and Gin. The company is independently owned by one family, and that independence has allowed them to produce a quality spirit.
We will start the night with a New Riff Old Fashioned rye cocktail. K&L Wines will be in attendance with a discounted sales sheet to promote their two store picks.
event pour list:
1. New Riff Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Bottled in Bond without Chill Filtration 100˚ proof
2. New Riff Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey Bottled in Bond without Chill Filtration 100˚ proof
3. New Riff Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Barrel Proof without Chill Filtration K&L Pick 15-4911 111.9˚ proof
4. New Riff Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Barrel Proof without Chill Filtration K&L Pick 15-4917 112.8˚ proof
5. New Riff Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Rye Whiskey Barrel Proof without Chill Filtration 113.4˚ proof
1. This will be a small meeting of only 20 members due to room size.
2. New Riff Old Fashioned Rye Cocktail served 6:30-6:45pm.
3. After the tasting please stay and have dinner to support the Village Idiot for hosting us. Or come early to eat beforehand - the food is delicious!
parking + transportation:
We recommend taking public transportation or ride sharing to the event.
There is some street parking but there are many signs to read.
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club