Old Forester's 150th Anniversary Celebration
presented by Joe Brooke
date: Thursday April 29, 2021
time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm Pacific Time
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Old Forester is officially the longest-running bourbon and to celebrate their 150th Anniversary, SCWC is doing a tasting of all 3 releases along with the core line and an intro cocktail by our very own Minty. The ‘old’ in Old Forester isn’t just a marketing ploy, it was first bottled and marketed in 1870 by the former pharmaceutical salesman turned bourbon-merchant George Garvin Brown – the founder of the Brown-Forman Corporation. One of America’s founding bourbons, Old Forester continued to thrive until 1920, when Prohibition began. Many distilleries were closed, but fortunately, Brown-Forman applied for and received a license from the U.S. government to continue producing Old Forester for medicinal purposes. When Prohibition was repealed in 1933, Old Forester became the only remaining bourbon continuously sold by the same company before, during and after Prohibition. Old Forester is produced at the Brown-Forman distillery in Shively, Kentucky using a mash bill of 72% corn, 18% rye, and 10% malted barley.
Whiskey Row series
1. Old Forester 1870 Original Batch Bourbon
2. Old Forester 1897 Bottled in Bond
3. Old Forester 1910 Old Fine Whiskey
4. Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style
Celebrate Old Forester's 150th Anniversary
5. Old Forester's 150th Anniversary 1
6. Old Forester's 150th Anniversary 2
7. Old Forester's 150th Anniversary 3
+ more #secretstash
Old Forester website [link]:
Brown Forman info [link]:
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
sample size = 1oz and 1/2oz for the 3x150th Anniversary
Big thanks to Stephanie Jerzy, Brown-Forman Market Manager for making this happen!
879 9172 1420
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club