A moment in time visually documented for history's sake.
SCWC 2ND ANNIVERSARY - THE OLD FITZGERALD TASTING
date: Sunday, January 25th @ 7pm
As we embark on our 3rd year of being the most kick ass whisky education club ever, we are taking it back to our roots. We are having another Stitzel-Weller tasting! This one however is different in a special way. Instead of drinking the bourbon brand of Pappy Van Winkle, we will actually drink bourbon from when Pappy Van Winkle was alive and in charge of Stitzel Weller! Our first Pappy era bottle will be a Very Old Fitzgerald 8yr distilled in the Spring of 1952 and bottled in the Fall of 1960 followed by a Very Old Fitzgerald 12yr distilled in the Fall of 1963 (the year before Pappy retired) and bottled in the Spring of 1975. We will also have a few other discontinued Old Fitzgeralds from the Heaven Hill distillery and we will also revisit the side-by-side comparison of the Old Fitz bottled in bond from Heaven Hill vs the Stitzel-Weller edition that we did in our first meeting.
1. Old Fitzgerald 1849 90 proof
2. Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12yr 90 proof
3. Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond DSP KY 1
4. Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond DSP KY 16
5. Very Old Fitzgerald 8yr Bottled in Bond 1952-1960
6. Very Very Old Fitzgerald 12yr Bottled in Bond 1963-1975