Taste Through History
Bourbon Heritage Month
presented by Stephanie Jerzy, Brown-Forman Market Manager
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
7:00pm - 9:00pm
membership fee: $39 (includes a welcome cocktail + light appetizers)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• For optimized enjoyment, we do limit class size.
• Please keep in mind that late arrivals are disruptive.
• Refunds are given for cancellations when email notification is received at least 48 hours prior to start time.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We are extremely pleased to have Stephanie Jerzy lead us on a "Taste Through History" for Bourbon Heritage Month. Join Southern California Whiskey Club for a flight of Old Forester marks that commemorate different periods of bourbon history. The Phoenix is also going all out by creating 4 specialty cocktails for this event; 2 with Old Forester Bourbon and 2 with Old Forester Rye.
Old Forester is officially the longest running Bourbon on the market today and was the first bourbon sold exclusively in sealed bottles. It was first bottled and marketed in 1870 by the former pharmaceutical salesman turned bourbon-merchant George Garvin Brown – the founder of the Brown-Forman Corporation. During the Prohibition period from 1920 to 1933, it was one of only 10 brands authorized for lawful production (medicinal purposes). Old Forester is produced at the Brown-Forman distillery in Shively, Kentucky using a mash bill of 72% corn, 18% rye, and 10% malted barley.
7:00pm complimentary cocktail + welcome appetizers
7:30pm tasting + education with Stephanie Jerzy
updated pour list:
1. Old Forester 1870 Original Batch
2. Old Forester 1897 Bottled-in-Bond
3. Old Forester 1910 Old Fine Whisky
4. Old Forester 1920 Prohibition Style
5. Old Forester K&L Exclusive Single Barrel #4093 (Warehouse H, Floor 5)
6. Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2019 Edition
parking + transportation:
We recommend taking public transportation or ride sharing to the event. There is plenty of public parking in the Beverly Connection across the street. If necessary, there is valet service available at Toca Madera.
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club