Geeky Spirits Masterclass
presented by PM Spirits Founder Nicolas Palazzi + Meryl Cocuzza
date: Sunday, July 11, 2021
time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm Pacific Time
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via USPS delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
PM SPIRITS GIVES A F*CK ABOUT ARTISANAL SPIRITS AND DO IT EXCEPTIONALLY WELL. This is an event that I am very excited to share with you; Meryl Cocuzza and I have spent a considerable amount of time to deliver a masterclass with an absolutely stellar lineup. PM Spirits is an über small operation importing and distributing high-quality spirits that are disrupting the market. Founder, Nicolas Palazzi, will be joining us via Zoom from France to get geeky on French brandy with his off-the-cuff presentation style + aesthetics. It’s a perfect fit for what we aim to achieve as a club and supporting mavericks that provide badass booze.
We will start the tasting with a very special cognac aged in a handmade single cask created by the father and son duo Yves and Jean-Noel Pelletan. The brandies that went into it are a blend of vintages ranging from 1925 – 1965 exclusively making this undoubtedly one of the rarest bottlings you could hope to get your hands on. From there it’s a crazy lineup of stellar marks that are unique w/ Nicolas to answer all your WTF questions and why they do this. We will be teaming up with retail partner K&L Wines for a discount on the products we will be tasting. [link]
1. PM Spirits Project. Hommage, blend of vintages from 1925 – 1965, 43.8% ABV
2. Navarre, Premier Cru de Cognac, Souvenir Impérial, 40% ABV
3. Cobrafire Eau de Vie de Raisin (Baco & Folle Blanche), 51.9% ABV
4. Chateau de Léberon, 27 Year, Distilled 1994, Brut de Fût, 46% ABV
5. Domaine d’Aurensan, 15 Year, Distilled 2006, 42.8% ABV
6. L’Encantada XO 3.0, Blend of 5 Single Vintage Casks, 44.9% ABV
Calvados Pays D’Auge lineup:
7. Roger Groult 8 Year, Calvados Pays D’Auge, 41% ABV
8. Roger Groult 18 Year, 41% ABV
9. Roger Groult Edition Limitée, 12 Year, Cask #172, 61.7% ABV
about the PM Spirits:
Provider of Geeky Spirits | Nicolas Palazzi was raised surrounded by his family’s vineyards in Bordeaux and introduced to spirits, Cognac and Cognac cellars through a dear friend of Nicolas’ grandfather. This gentleman will be referred to as “Mr. X”. Established somewhere in the Cognac region of France, Mr. X’s family started distilling at over a century ago. Recognizing in Nicolas a fledgling passion for Cognac, this mysterious man shared his knowledge and connections within the small and commonly impenetrable world of artisan Cognac. This gave rise to PM Spirits, as Nicolas began sourcing, collecting, aging and blending these rare casks and subsequently releasing limited series bottling in the USA. PM Spirit’s passion for artisan spirits has slowly broadened its focus over the years to include within its portfolio other small-scale hand-crafted distillates such as Sicilian Grappas, French Eau-de-vies & Liqueurs, Rum, Tequilas, Mezcals etc. [link]
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
Sample size = .75oz
Big thanks to Meryl Cocuzza + Bozzy for making this happen!
666 442 8666
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club