Smooth Ambler / Old Scout
with John Foster, National Director of Sales and Marketing
Tuesday, September 11, 2018
location: Lost Property Bar (1704 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028)
Smooth Ambler is a craft distillery in Greenbrier County, West Virginia. It was established in 2009 by TAG Galyean and John Little and produces a number of spirits, including whiskeys, from grain to glass. The distillery is run by a small team, which includes Sales Director John Foster and Vice-President John Little, who's also the Head Distiller. Smooth Ambler also has their own range of whiskeys distilled elsewhere. This range is bottled under their Old Scout label, as they’ve ‘scouted’ out these bourbons and ryes. These are whiskeys with a character admired by John and the gang, bottled straight and often at higher than average ABVs.
1. Contradiction Bourbon (blend of wheated + high-rye bourbons) 46% ABV
2. Big Level Wheated Bourbon, Batch 19, 50% ABV
3. Old Scout American Whiskey 107, K&L Pick barrel #10108, 53.5% ABV
4. Old Scout American Whiskey 107, West Virginia, 53.5% ABV
5. Old Scout Single Barrel, Smooth Dramblers, 13yr, 51.9% ABV
6. Old Scout Single Barrel, Private Stock Distillery Only, Barrel #9494, 12yr, 43.4% ABV
less than 10 bottles in existence!
More about the Smooth Ambler distillery:
Big thanks to Rhino and Jeremy @ Lost Property Bar for creating the welcome cocktail and kindly hosting SCWC. Ken Baranda of Pernod Ricard is the mastermind behind all of this to make it possible. There will also be a sales sheet for discounted purchase from K&L Wines.
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club