Origin of Starward Whisky with founder + maker, Dave Vitale
presented by Sean O’Connell
date: Wednesday, June 28, 2023
time: 6:30 - 8:30pm
location: Lost Property [1704 Vine St, 90028]
membership fee: $36
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
. [link]Southern California Whiskey Club is delighted to welcome David Vitale, the founder of Starward Australian whisky. Starward has developed a world-class, premium whisky that challenges people's perceptions of what whisky can be. The distillery is focused on 3 things: whisky, culture and flavor. Although they have a foot firmly in the single malt world, they're also not afraid to draw outside of traditional constraints. Starward is available in Australia and 20 countries around the world
David Vitale will present the origin story of Starward Whisky (business and personal) and the challenges of Aussie Whisky in USA; covering successes, where the brand is going, and followed by an open Q&A.
6:30pm – 7:00pm welcome cocktail + appetizers
7:00pm tasting + education w/ Dave Vitale
1. Starward Two-Fold, 40% ABV
2. Starward Nova, 41% ABV
3. Starward Ginger Beer Cask #7, 48% ABV
4. Starward Peated Finish, 48% ABV
5. Starward K&L Single Barrel, 54.1% ABV
6. Starward First Responder Whiskey Society, 57.5% ABV
7. Starward Vitalis (15th Anniversary Release), 52% ABV
about the presenter:
Dave Vitale is the founder of Australia's leading craft spirit - Starward Whisky and the head of US operations. Always busy building the brand with an amazingly talented team both in the US and back home. It is a New World Whisky started with a simple idea: imagine a whisky unshackled from tradition. [link]
about Lost Property Bar:
Whiskey bar with a fun, speakeasy feel, serving handcrafted cocktails and bites. Located on the corner of Hollywood & Vine. [link]
• Please bring your own glassware, the club will NOT be providing Glencairns.
• Rideshare, public transportation, or designated driver is strongly encouraged
Big thanks to Rhino and Sean O’Connell for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club