Waterford Irish Single Malt Whisky
presented by Raj Sabharwal of Glass Revolution Imports
date: Saturday, December 19, 2020
time: 6:30pm - 8:00pm PT
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
education fee: $35
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We are excited to welcome Raj and the team at Glass Revolution Imports to present an exciting new Irish distillery. Their first releases just hit the USA markets we’ll be one of the first clubs to taste the lineup. Influenced by the world’s greatest winemakers, Waterford Distillery is obsessively bringing the same intellectual drive, methodology & rigor to single malt whisky. Using 100% Irish barley, their new Single Farm Origin series is an uber-provenance range of limited edition natural whiskies that explore Irish terroir one farm, once place, at a time.
Although it remains a contentious subject in the world of spirits, Waterford is a true believer in the presence of terroir within a distilled liquid. In an effort to fully explore Irish terrior, founder and CEO Mark Reynier (ex-Bruichladdich) utilizes proprietary methodology and precision aimed at the subject.
Production begins with a mash filter as opposed to the more traditional mash tub, and fermentation times upwards of 5 days—almost twice as long as the industry standard. All distillates are matured in a combination of first-fill French and American oak. After a minimum of three years in the cooperage, the liquid is married and bottled at 50% ABV, devoid of coloring, chill-filtration or any other form of adulteration.
1. WF1012 Dunbell Edition 1.1, Single Farm Origin 50.0% ABV
2. WF1017 Dunmore Edition 1.1, Single Farm Origin, 50.0% ABV
3. WF1016 Rathclogh Edition 1.1, Single Farm Origin, 50.0% ABV
4. WF1014 Organic Gaia 1.1, 50.0% ABV
Waterford website [link]:
666 442 8666
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club