Woodinville Whiskey Co.
presented by Ariel Jahn, National Brand Ambassador
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
location: The Phoenix (8480 W. 3rd St. Los Angeles, CA 90048)
We are extremely pleased to have Ariel Jahn, National Brand Ambassador for Woodinville Whiskey Co. lead us on a comprehensive tasting. Woodinville Whiskey Co. was established in 2010 by two longtime friends, Orlin Sorensen and Brett Carlile, using the highest quality locally grown grains, the best barrels and coopers in the world, the most technologically advanced distilling equipment, and the mentorship of an industry icon, David Pickerell. Now in its 10th year of operation, Woodinville is Washington state's largest craft distillery, handcrafting all of its products from 100% locally sourced grains. Their flagship products, Woodinville Straight Bourbon Whiskey, and Woodinville Straight Rye Whiskey were both awarded "Craft Whiskey of the Year" in their respective categories by the American Distilling Institute in 2016 and 2017. The Phoenix will be featuring two specialty cocktails created for this event made with Woodinville Straight Bourbon.
7:00pm complimentary welcome cocktail + appetizers
7:30pm tasting w/ Ariel Jahn
event pour list:
1. New Make at 140 proof
2. Woodinville Straight Bourbon
3. Woodinville Straight 100% Rye
4. Woodinville Double Barrel Blended Whiskey
5. Woodinville Straight Bourbon Finished in Port Casks
6. Woodinville Cask Strength Straight Bourbon
7. Woodinville Cask Strength Straight 100% Rye
+ other #SecretStash surprises
1. SCWC will provide 1 Glencairn glass per member. We recommend you bringing your own box of glasses if you want to compare the expressions side-by-side.
parking + transportation:
We recommend taking public transportation or ride sharing to the event. There is plenty of public parking in the Beverly Connection across the street. If necessary, there is valet service available at Toca Madera.
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club