Comandon Cognac + Monteru Brandy
presented by Franck Vigneron
date: Saturday April 24, 2021
time: 6:00pm - 7:30pm Pacific Time
location: Virtual Tasting via Zoom
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• Educational samples will be sent out via FedEx delivery.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Comandon Cognac was founded in 1821 and is truly an independent house that still controls and performs all aspects of its production in-house. These expressions are created with the passion and intimacy that only such an artisan house can offer. This Cognac is created as limited editions and with the choice of eau-de-vie used presenting a very distinct taste profile. It’s a very versatile spirit, and can be enjoyed in many ways. It’s definitely worth experiencing neat, thanks to the complex taste profile and wonderfully long after taste. But it can also be well used as a luxurious addition to your favorite cocktail, or with a mixer of your choice to make a refreshing long drink—perfect for a warm day.
The origins of Monteru date back to the late 1700’s and has remained closely tied to the tradition of brown spirits distillation and has become a leading innovator by combining authenticity and tradition to create a product somewhere between traditional brandy and single malt whisky. Maison Monteru produces small batches with intricate differences that are aged in a stone cellar on the Atlantic coast where the temperature and the humidity levels remain stable. Another significant characteristic of their process is to age the brandies in different types of oak casks: French first, imparting delicate nut flavors, then American oak which conveys subtle spice and brioche aromas.
1. Single Batch Cognac, Batch #34, Limited Release VS, 40% ABV
2. Single Batch Cognac, Batch #34, Limited Release VSOP, 40% ABV
3. 2003 Vintage Single Barrel #33, Petite Champagne, 43% ABV
4. Single Batch Cognac, Edition No. 1503, Limited Release XO, 40% ABV
5. Vintage Single Cask Ltd. Release, 2012, Borderies, Cask #78, 41.5% ABV
6. Vintage Single Cask Ltd. Release, 2004, Petite Champagne, Cask #198, 43% ABV
7. Monteru Double Distilled Single Grape Brandy 2014 / 2016, batch 5B002-16, 41.3% ABV
8. Monteru Double Wood Triple Toast 2012 / 2016, batch #003, 42.7% ABV
Zoom information is on the placemat + SCWC website page
sample size ≈ .75oz
865 2110 6972
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club