Pokeno New Zealand Single Malt Whisky
Presented by Pōkeno’s founder, Matt Johns
date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
time: 6:30 - 8:00pm Pacific Time
location: Lost Property [1704 Vine St, 90028]
membership fee: $28 (includes welcome cocktail)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Southern California Whiskey Club is excited to have Pōkeno’s founder, Matt Johns lead us on a tasting of unique single malt from New Zealand. Founded in 2017, the brand was recently launched in America and we will be one of the very first to try these expressions and learn about the distillery. [link]
6:30pm welcome cocktail
7:00pm whiskey flight tasting
1. Pōkeno Origin, First Fill Bourbon Casks
2. Pōkeno Discovery, First Fill Bourbon and Sherry Casks
3. Pōkeno U.S. Exclusive Single Cask
4. Pōkeno Rare Cask A (brought by Matt Johns)
5. Pōkeno Rare Cask B (brought by Matt Johns)
6. Pōkeno Rare Cask C (brought by Matt Johns)
about Lost Property Bar:
Whiskey bar with a fun, speakeasy feel, serving handcrafted cocktails and bites. Located on the corner of Hollywood & Vine. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Uber or designated driver strongly encouraged.
• Even though Southern California Whiskey Club is taking every precaution to make sure that this event is safe and in compliance with CDC codes, please understand that public gatherings, even socially distanced ones, involve a higher risk than virtual encounters.
Big thank you to Chris Uhde and Rhino for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club