Johnnie Walker Deconstruction
presented by Paul Jones, Ambassador for Johnnie Walker
date: Sunday, August 28
time: 5:00pm - 6:30pm Pacific Time
location: Lost Property (1704 Vine St, LA, CA 90028)
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We are very excited to have an evening of Johnnie Walker whisky featuring a deconstruction of Black Label led by Paul Jones at Lost Property Bar. There will be a welcome cocktail served before the in-depth look at the individual components that make the magic + science of the blend. We will be set up in groups of 5 with the components to create your custom blend of Johnnie Walker Scotch Whisky. After the blending exercise, we will taste from their iconic portfolio of expressions.
1. Johnnie Walker High Rye
2. Johnnie Walker Swing
3. Johnnie Walker Black Label
4. Johnnie Walker Gold Label Reserve
5. Johnnie Walker Blue Label
5:00pm welcome cocktail featuring Johnnie Walker Black Label
5:30pm tasting + education w/ Paul Jones
about Johnnie Walker:
The famous square bottle and 24 degree-slanted label is ubiquitous with Johnnie Walker, and the brand serves as a driving force in shaping the category that we know as scotch whisky. Originating in the Scottish burgh of Kilmarnock in East Ayrshire the brand was established by grocer John Walker. Since its humble beginnings as a grocery shop in 1820, it is now owned by Diageo, a global leader in beverage alcohol with iconic brands in spirits, beer, and wine. It is the most widely distributed brand of blended Scotch whisky in the world and is sold in almost every country. [link]
about Lost Property Bar:
Whiskey bar with a fun, speakeasy feel, serving handcrafted cocktails and bites. Located on the corner of Hollywood & Vine. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Uber or designated driver strongly encouraged.
• Even though Southern California Whiskey Club is taking every precaution to make sure that this event is safe and in compliance with CDC codes, please understand that public gatherings, even socially distanced ones, involve a higher risk than virtual encounters.
Big thanks to Paul Jones and Rhino Williams to make this possible, hope to see you there!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club