Kilchoman Islay Whisky
with Catherine MacMillan, Brand Manager for Kilchoman Distillery
date: Thursday, August 31, 2023
time: 6:30 - 8:00pm
location: Blu Jam Melrose [7371 Melrose Ave, 90046]
membership fee: $43.50
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Catherine MacMillan, Brand Manager for Kilchoman Distillery, was born and raised at Ardbeg Farm next to the iconic distillery on the Isle of Islay. Catherine started her career in whisky at an early age, working during the school holidays in Ardbeg Distillery Visitor Centre before she left Islay to train as a primary school teacher. After graduating Catherine traveled the world for more than 6 years teaching in various countries, picking up a bit of the Spanish language along the way, but home was calling and her passion for whisky led her to Kilchoman where she took up the position of Brand Manager. Catherine loves to share her whisky knowledge and experiences and to discuss all things Islay with the people she meets from around the world.
1. Kilchoman Machir Bay
2. Kilchoman Sanaig
3. Kilchoman Small Batch Release #8 Port Cask
4. Kilchoman Cognac Cask Matured
5. Kilchoman Fino Sherry Cask Matured
6. Kilchoman Machir Bay Cask Strength
6:30pm welcome appetizers from the creative minds @ Blu Jam
7:00pm tasting + education w/ Catherine MacMilllan of Kilchoman
about Kilchoman Distillery:
Islay’s Farm Distillery. Home to Islay’s only Single Farm Single Malt. [link]
about Blu Jam:
Opened in the heart of the Melrose District in 2006, now has 7 locations across Los Angeles. You won’t have to go far from your ‘hood to get your French toast fix. And you can expect the same high-quality food and service at every location. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Uber or designated driver is strongly encouraged.
• Even though Southern California Whiskey Club is taking every precaution to make sure that this event is safe and in compliance with CDC codes, please understand that public gatherings, even socially distanced ones, involve a higher risk than virtual encounters.
Big thanks to Kamil from Blu Jam for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club