GlenAllachie + Kilchoman
with Ronan Currie, GlenAllachie Sales Director &
Catherine MacMillan, Brand Manager for Kilchoman Distillery
date: Friday, October 21, 2022
time: 6:30 - 8:30pm
location: Blu Jam Melrose [7371 Melrose Ave, 90046]
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We are pleased to announce a very special event where we have not 1, but 2 people from their respective distilleries in Los Angeles to talk about their whisky. Ronan Currie is the Sales Director and assists with choosing the casks for GlenAllachie — he is a native of Glasgow and it shows in his presenting. Catherine MacMillan is the Brand Manager for Kilchoman Distillery — was born and raised at Ardbeg Farm next to the iconic distillery on the Isle of Islay. Both have a deep knowledge of the workings of a distillery and will give us a great night of exploring whiskies.
1. GlenAllachie 8yr (New Release)
2. GlenAllachie 12yr
3. GlenAllachie 15yr
4. GlenAllachie 10yr Batch 07 Cask Strength
5. MacNairs Lum Reek 10yr Batch 1 Cask Strength
6. Kilchoman Machir Bay
7. Kilchoman Sanaig
8. Kilchoman Small Batch #7
9. Special Kilchoman from Chris’ collection TBA
6:30pm welcome appetizers from the creative minds @ Blu Jam
7:00pm tasting + education w/ Ronan Currie of GlenAllachie
7:45pm tasting + education w/ Catherine MacMilllan of Kilchoman
about GlenAllachie Distillery:
Led by industry legend, Billy Walker, The GlenAllachie is a wholly Scottish owned, managed, and truly independent Scotch whisky company. [link]
about Kilchoman Distillery:
Islay’s Farm Distillery. Home to Islay’s only Single Farm Single Malt. [link]
about Blu Jam:
Opened in the heart of the Melrose District in 2006, now has 7 locations across Los Angeles. You won’t have to go far from your ‘hood to get your French toast fix. And you can expect the same high-quality food and service at every location. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Uber or designated driver is strongly encouraged.
• Even though Southern California Whiskey Club is taking every precaution to make sure that this event is safe and in compliance with CDC codes, please understand that public gatherings, even socially distanced ones, involve a higher risk than virtual encounters.
Big thanks to Kamil from Blu Jam for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club