Westland American Single Malt
presented by Marshall Altier, Regional Ambassador
date: Sunday, July 10, 2022
time: 4:00pm - 5:30pm
location: The Phoenix [8480 W. 3rd St, 90048]
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We are very excited to have an evening of Westland American single malt whiskey with a special tasting of limited edition releases led by Marshall Altier in the back room at The Phoenix. There will be complimentary appetizers and a welcome cocktail featuring the newly released Westland Flagship before the tasting.
1. Westland Colere 2
2. Westland Flagship
3. Garryana Edition 6
4. Garryana Edition 7
5. Westland Coldfoot (collaboration with Filson)
6. Westland Single Cask No. 5693
7. Westland K&L Exclusive Cask 6062 (ex-Jack Daniels Maple Wood Barrel)
4:30pm – 5:30pm
tasting + education with Marshall Altier
about Westland Distillery:
Westland Distillery is a whiskey producer going to great lengths to upend the notion of what American single malt whiskey can and should be. This Seattle-based distillery has been crafting interesting single malts utilizing roasted malts, a Belgian Saison brewers’ yeast strain, and virgin American oak casks. The distillery is one of the premier craft whiskey distilleries in the United States using 100% Malted Barley to create American single malt whiskies that honour the tradition of American whiskey-making with a Pacific North West twist. Westland uses locally sourced ingredients and a blend of 5 different barley malts: Washington Select Pale Malt, Munich Malt, Extra Special Malt, Pale Chocolate Malt, and Brown Malt. [link]
about The Phoenix:
The Phoenix LA offers the finest whiskey, cognac, bourbon & Scotch in the city, artful cocktails, craft beers on tap, and a small, flavorful food menu. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Uber or designated driver strongly encouraged.
• Even though Southern California Whiskey Club is taking every precaution to make sure that this event is safe and in compliance with CDC codes, please understand that public gatherings, even socially distanced ones, involve a higher risk than virtual encounters.
parking + transportation:
There is plenty of public parking in the Beverly Connection across the street. If necessary, there is valet service available at Toca Madera. Ridesharing is always highly recommended.
Big thanks to Adam LeClair for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club