Westward American Single Malt
presented by Chris Platt, Market Manager - Westward Whiskey
date: Sunday, July 17, 2022
time: 4:00pm - 5:30pm
location: The Phoenix [8480 W. 3rd St, 90048]
Southern California Whiskey Club is proud to have Chris Platt, Westward American Single Malt Advocate lead us through an in-depth tasting in the back room at The Phoenix. There will be complimentary appetizers and a welcome cocktail created by the Phoenix before the tasting.
1. Original American Single Malt
2. Stout Cask Finish
3. Pinot Noir Cask Finish
4. Cask Strength
5. Cavatica Stout, Fort George Brewing (Club Release)
6. Single Barrel Pinot Noir (SoCal Reserve Club Release)
7. Single Barrel 295 (Mission Wine & Spirits)
4:30pm – 5:30pm
tasting + education with Chris Platt
about Westward American Single Malt Whiskey:
Distilled at House Spirits in Portland, Oregon. Westward American Single Malt Whiskey is a grain-to-glass celebration of the American pioneer spirit. Made from scratch from Pacific Northwest two-row barley, fermented with American ale yeast for outstanding flavor, double pot distilled for exceptional character, matured in new American oak barrels, and never chill filtered, Westward brings together the very best of the American whiskey and craft beer traditions. [link]
about The Phoenix:
The Phoenix LA offers the finest whiskey, cognac, bourbon & Scotch in the city, artful cocktails, craft beers on tap, and a small, flavorful food menu. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Uber or designated driver strongly encouraged.
• Even though Southern California Whiskey Club is taking every precaution to make sure that this event is safe and in compliance with CDC codes, please understand that public gatherings, even socially distanced ones, involve a higher risk than virtual encounters.
parking + transportation:
There is plenty of public parking in the Beverly Connection across the street. If necessary, there is valet service available at Toca Madera. Ridesharing is always highly recommended.
Big thanks to Adam LeClair + Chris Platt for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club