Glen Grant, Speyside Scotch Whisky
presented by Global Brand Ambassador Robin Coupar
date: Monday, November 7, 2022
time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
location: The Phoenix [8480 W 3rd St, 90048]
membership fee: $41
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
Southern California Whiskey Club is very pleased to have a symposium with one of the best educators in the business, Robin Coupar. It is a pleasure to listen to him share his first-hand knowledge from his many years of industry experience. We will taste their 4 new expressions along with some older releases in a side-by-side format.
6:30pm welcome cocktail and tasty appetizers created by The Phoenix
7:00pm whiskey flight tasting w/ Robin Coupar
1. Glen Grant 10 Year (new release)
2. Glen Grant 12 Year (new release)
3. Glen Grant 15 Year (new release)
4. Glen Grant 18 Year (new release)
5. Glen Grant 12 Year (previous release)
6. Glen Grant 15 Year (previous release)
7. Glen Grant 16 Year (older release)
about Glen Grant:
Located in Rothes, Speyside, Glen Grant is one of the biggest selling malts in the worldwide market and was acquired by Campari in 2006. It was founded in 1823 by two former illegal distillers and smugglers at a time when illicit whisky distilling was rife throughout Scotland. In 1840, brothers John and James Grant decided to take out a license and make the distillery legal. James ‘The Major’ Grant, born in 1847, took the distillery to the next level and proved himself a worthy successor. To this day, Glen Grant continues to be one of the biggest selling single malts worldwide. [link]
about Robin Coupar:
A native of Edinburgh, Scotland, he is a leading whisky expert who has dedicated more than 26 years to the industry. Robin’s passion and knowledge of whisky started in Scotland but extended well past the UK borders. His expertise was built through a series of assignments with some of the most renowned players in the world including Diageo and Moet Hennessy. At Campari he has performed several marketing roles and has focused on whisky innovations. Robin also leads the sensory evaluation process for Campari whiskies.
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Uber or designated driver strongly encouraged.
• Parking is available at the Beverly Connection across the street.
• Even though Southern California Whiskey Club is taking every precaution to make sure that this event is safe and in compliance with CDC codes, please understand that public gatherings, even socially distanced ones, involve a higher risk than virtual encounters.
Big thanks to Adam LeClair and The Phoenix for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club