Indri Single Malt Whisky Deep-Dive
presented by Madhu Kanna, Head of International Sales
date: Tuesday, August 22, 2023
time: 6:30 – 8:00pm
location: The Phoenix [8480 W. 3rd St, 90048]
membership fee: $28
• Advance enrollment is always required and must be 21+ to attend.
• If the event is sold out please email us to be placed on the wait list.
We met Madhu Kanna via Zoom back in October 2022, but now we get to hang out in-person with a special tasting of rare expressions in the back room at The Phoenix. This must-try Indian whisky comes from a village distillery running on renewable energy in the foothills of the Himalayas. Former Amrut master blender Surrinder Kumar demonstrates his unerring sense of balance, pace, and control over the fast-maturing single malt, which is distilled from organically grown six-row Indian barley indigenous to Rajasthan. It is manually harvested and hand-selected for malting. The malted barley is then mashed and fermented before being distilled in a traditional onion head pot still. There will be complimentary appetizers and a welcome cocktail served before the tasting.
6:30pm – 7:00pm welcome cocktail + appetizers
7:00pm tasting + education w/ Madhu Kanna featuring an exclusive deconstruction of the Trini single malt components:
• Bourbon Cask
• Pedro Ximénez Sherry Cask
• French Red Wine Cask
We will also try the soon to be released Indri Dru cask strength single malt and the limited edition 12 year old Camikara Rum (only 1,200 bottles released).
1. Indri Trini
2. Indri Bourbon Cask (hand carried sample)
3. Indri Sherry Cask (hand carried sample)
4. Indri Red Wine Cask (hand carried sample)
5. Indri Dru Cask Strength (not yet released)
6. Camikara Rum 12 Year
about The Phoenix:
The Phoenix LA offers the finest whiskey, cognac, bourbon & Scotch in the city, artful cocktails, craft beers on tap and a small, flavorful food menu. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Ride share, public transportation, or designated driver is strongly encouraged.
Big thanks to Chris of ImpEx Beverages and Adam at The Phoenix for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club