Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey
presented by Colin Coleman, Jack Daniel’s Brand Ambassador
date: Thursday, July 13, 2023
time: 6:30 – 8:00pm
location: The Phoenix [8480 W. 3rd St, 90048]
membership fee: $46
We are very excited to have an evening of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey with a special tasting of limited releases led by Colin Coleman in the back room at The Phoenix. There will be complimentary appetizers and a welcome cocktail served before the tasting.
Jack Daniel’s Whiskey is from Lynchburg, Tennessee — founded in 1866 by Jasper Newton “Jack” Daniel. He was the mastermind that created one of the world’s top-selling whiskey brands. The North American Free classifies Tennessee whiskey as a straight bourbon authorized to be produced by manufacturers in the state of Tennessee. They require that producers of Tennessee whiskey filter it through charcoal made from maple and before aging. The mash bill consists of 80% corn, 12% barley, and 8% rye. Distillation begins by mixing these grains with the iron-free water from the Hollow and adding a little bit of starter yeast from a previous batch (sour mash). The mash ferments for a full six days before being single distilled in a large copper still where they vaporize and condense their whiskey only once. [link]
6:30pm – 7:00pm welcome cocktail + appetizers
7:00pm tasting + education w/ Colin Coleman
1. Jack Daniel’s Gentleman Jack, 50% ABV
2. Jack Daniel’s Bonded, 50% ABV
3. Jack Daniel’s Triple Mash, 50% ABV
4. Jack Daniel's Rye Single Barrel 22-01432, "Lexie A. Philips 2021”, 47% ABV
5. Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel 22-06587 Rye “Women Who Whiskey LBC”, 47% ABV
6. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel 22-02506, Barrel Proof, "Chris Fletcher 2021”, 65.10% ABV
7. Jack Daniel's Single Barrel 21-06249, Barrel Proof, "Gomer's Kansas City”, 65.75% ABV
8. Jack Daniel's Limited Release [TBD]
about The Phoenix:
The Phoenix LA offers the finest whiskey, cognac, bourbon & Scotch in the city, artful cocktails, craft beers on tap and a small, flavorful food menu. [link]
• Please bring your own Glencairn(s) to the tasting, the club will NOT be providing glassware.
• Ride share, public transportation, or designated driver is strongly encouraged.
Big thanks to Adam LeClair and Colin Coleman for making this happen!
© 2013 Southern California Whiskey Club